Friday, July 15, 2005

T Minus hours and counting

Ok, I have to be totally honest here. We really have not been counting down. There has been too many things to do; counting down has not been on the schedule.

The bags are packed and we are ready to go. We have a few small things to do around the house today but for the most part we are good to go. Traci has even printed out our boarding passes and we are checked in. Now how in the world does that happen and we are not even at the airport yet? Things that keep you up at night thinking. (not realy I slept like a baby last night)

Speaking of baby. Amanda is from the city of Zhangye in the province of Gasu. I do not know if the orphange she is in has air conditioning but I hope so. It has been over 100 degrees there every day. It seems like most of China is encountering a big heat wave. Perhaps this is their typical summer weather.

Thank you everyone, for all your kind words of support. Traci and I truly appreciate you and your prayers for us. Hold down the fort for us while we are gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really doubt there's any a/c in the SWI. I could be wrong, of course, but I think most don't have it.

It has been unusually hot over there this summer. Lucky you!

Lisa & Tim

Anonymous said...

Ha.... Poor Tony who doesn't heat is suffering in China's weather! It's a lot cooler in FL (85 degrees).

Leigh-Anne