
Hello Everyone Back in the States,
It is almost 7:30 pm here in Beijing and it has been a busy Monday for us. We went to the famous Silk Market after breakfast. That was a great experience.It is not for those who are not willing to bargain and bargain hard. The prices they start off with are very high, but you have to be real tough and talk them down and I mean a lot. Little Anthony did not find the experience too thrilling, but he faired quite well.
After spending some time at the silk market we went back to the hotel to finish packing up and then to check out. We had them hold onto our baggage for a few hours while we went to local park. This was no ordinary park by the way. This place was many thousands of acres and it once was palace grounds during the Yuan dynasty. It really was nice to see. We rented a paddle boat for about an hour and cruised around the lake a bit. Anthony really enjoyed that.
Speaking of Anthony. Do you know how many people came up to us just to say hi to Anthony and to get either get a picture of him or to get a picture with him. Some even picked him up and held him for the pictures. That boy is a people magnet.
After that experience we grabbed our luggage and took a cab to where we are currently, the Sino-Swiss Hotel. After our check in and a few minutes of down time we headed out to find a place to eat dinner. What a experience to remember. We found ourselves in a resturant ordering food not knowing what we were getting.
After dinner, Traci and Anthony IV went swimming. Anthony really enjoyed it. It was deep enough for him to walk around it without a problem. If was refreshing after a hot, sweaty day.
We meet up with our Adoption guide tomorrow along with the other familys that are adopting within our group. We will be doing an all day tour to the Great Wall, Forbidden City and T' Square.
Two more days until we meet Amanda and we are getting very excited about that!!!!
Got to go for now. Bye,
Anthony





9 comments:
Hi Traci & Anthony,
Thanks for emailing me. I am so happy to hear your news Everyday I can not wait to see what is happening in China We are praying for you
Donna & Don
Sounds like you're having a great time! We had dinner at a restaurant near the Sino-Swiss twice, and it was phenomenal. Quite an adventure!
Is there any way I can send you a photo? I meant to give you a picture of Ellie to show Cindy. I'd like to email you one so she can see how well she's doing. Ask her if she remembers Dang Jian Min (from Shanxi Province, Datong SWI), December 2003. She was our guide in Guangzhou and took us to the hospital several times after Ellie had the seizure. Please say hi for us. She was so kind and helpful.
Keep those posts coming!
Lisa C.
Hey Uncle Tony & Aunt Traci,
Im glad your having a good time, I cant wait to see my new cousin and to show you all my pictures. Have fun while your in China!
Jordan
Hi Traci and Tony,
We're thrilled that your trip has been a restful and successful one so far. Yes, we sure would have enjoyed the tea house. How marvelous! Our prayers are with you as you approach the rebirth of your little family. Know that dad and I will be praying for you as those hours approach.
We are leaving for Pa. on Wed. around noon so I will try and watch for messages before we go.
God love you and watch over you and we really miss you guys.
Hi Anthony, I love you.
Grandma and Grandpa
How exciting! Thanks so much for sharing everything with us. It makes us feel as though we are thewre with you throughout all of this. We can't wait to see pictures of you with your new daughter. Post them as soon as you can! Try to also relax and enjoy the time before you meet her. What an exciting wonderful vacation.
We can't wait to hear more.
Tarik, Melissa, Alena, Jessica, Sarah and Brant
Hey guys! It is amazing to see your photos from China. What an exciting time. Thanks for sharing all of this. I cannot fathom what you must be experiencing...gratitude for Anthony's adapting, eagerness to have Amanda Wan, amazement at all the new sights and sounds and smells and tastes and whatever!! love you all
Robin
Hi Guys!
I'm glad you are having a great time. The pictures are great and I can't waite to see you with Amanda. Aeneas is missing Anthony and keeps on reminding me that he is in China getting his sister.
We miss you
Love,
Jen
WOW and many more WOWs! What an incredible experience it sounds like! I'll have you know part of me is selfishly missing you but I am more happy then words can say for you. Had dr appt today- nothing happening. Saying big time prayers for Amanda joining you and the remainder of the trip.
Love, Kate
Hi Traci, Tony and Anthony
We are so excited for your family. We are praying everyday and can't wait to see the first pictures of your new daughter. We are looking forward to meeting her.
Jon, Theresa, Rebekah, Laura, Catherine and Natalie
Post a Comment