
The kids are doing great. Anthony was a bit more whinier than normal, but then again he is only 3 years old. Amanda once again would not take a bottle from her Daddy, but ate it down for me.
I was hoping to continue losing weight here in China, but I am afraid that I am gaining back all I lost. Yesterday we went out for an outstanding dinner as a group. We sat at round tables with a lazy susan in the middle. Dishes kept coming out and out. We ate so great---it was like eating Thanksgiving dinner. The food was outstanding. The dumplings served in celebration of our adoptions were beyond excellent. Anthony IV ate great!!! He especially loved the barbeque pork. I can't get over how outstanding the food is. I think I might have to find a new China restaurant for me when we get back home. China Queeen just isn't gonna cut it any more.
Anthony was quite excited in the restaurant to use chop sticks. He was able to pick up a little peanut and put it on my plate. He is getting better and better.
On the way home from the restaurant, we stopped at a fruit store for bananas. Anthony ate 2 down immediately after eating great at the restaurant. We draw quite a crowd as we walk. We ended up sitting outside the hotel enjoying the outdoors. Several children came to vist.
Anthony was showing off for the crowd. Several little dogs were being walked. The babies enjoyed the sites. When I say “we”, I mean our family, but also several other families in our group.
We have been to China for a week. I think I could stay longer than 2 weeks. Yikes....it is time for me to leave for my massage!!!!!
Hi, It's Anthony again. Yep were roughing it here in China. Poor us. Anthony and I had a real good time at the mall. I bought him a real neat remote control excavator. He really likes it. I have no idea how we are going to pack it to get home, but we will try.
Anthony and I went up to the top floor of the shopping mall. That is where all the electronics are located. OK, I thought I died and went to heaven. You would never believe me if I told you of the huge selection of electronics. They offer so much more here to the consumers than we get back in the states. There entire sections for each manufacture filled with Plasma, LCD, and projection Hight Definition TV's. I am talking large areas for Philips, Sony, Pioneer, and at least six other manufactures. The High Definition images were so stunning.
The selection of MP3 players were amazing. There was no less than 125 different players in display cases. What is amazing is that we in the US have relativly few to choose from. You would not know this unless you seen what I did today. (I thought it interesting that I only saw one ipod mini and one ipod shuffle. Nothing else from the ipod line.) The very same thing applies when you talk about televison for the home.
Well, I should call it quits here for now. For all of you at the family reunion, we really wish we couild be there with you. It sounds like so much fun and food. We are not starving here by any strectch of the imagination. If we can't be at the family reunion, at least we can eat like we are.
Love all





3 comments:
Wow, the massage sure sounds great! I'm glad you guys are having fun together as a family. And how exciting to hear how Amanda is already bonding with you Traci. We can't wait to meet her! Love, Theresa
TRACI!!!
I'm sitting here with my feet about 3x their normal size and you're getting a massage! I am SO GLAD you are having such a great time.
I can't wait to see you guys. No baby news here so I'll probably still be sitting at home with my feet up when you get back.
LOL Kate
Traci--
Obviously the massage is the envy of us all. What awesome pictures! Remind your handsome prince that Adventureland could use some of those electronics (if they are cheap). The preschool has been begging for an ipod to make a portable Adventureland music library. Happy for you --Miss you!
Val
Post a Comment