Monday, July 19, 2004

The Latest from the Progar Family

Well you can tell from the date of the last post things have been busy for us at the Progar household. The adoption paper chase is going real well. At first it seemed like a mountain we were never going to be able to cross over but it really is not that bad. I received my passport in the mail today. We have completed our homestudy and wait for the report to be written up. Traci received notice today that her and I must be down in Detroit at a government office 8:00 AM this Saturday to be finger printed and to take care of some paperwork. This news made Traci so excited. She can see further progress.
 
Little Anthony is doing great!. He is really enjoying being outdoors and playing. He is such an active little boy. His speaking is getting so much better and I just can't believe how much he comprehends. He is daddy's little helper as you can see below. We were on our back deck shucking corn for dinner not too long ago.


Anthony Shucking Corn

 
Two weekends ago we went away camping to Bay City State Campground. To say the least we had a rough start to the weekend. The trailer pulled great and we made real good time getting there. The problem is they had no record of the reservations that we made back in January for this weekend. Traci walked in with a confirmation number but our "reserved" site was given to someone else.
 
A couple of issue were contributing to this dilemma. The campground  had built two new bath/shower buildings and in doing so they lost several camp sites. Also, because of all the rain we have had the campground has been under a lot of water and just recently opened up for the season. There were quite of few sites that were left open because they were too wet and campers were sinking into the ground. Finally, the company that manages all of the reservations and campsites is from Maryland and they voided our reservation but didn't know why. (By the way the websites that they maintain for the State of Michigan DNR is not up to date. They still show the campground as it was BEFORE the renovation.)  After about 45 minutes we were able to get a site. It was a little on the wetter side but it would work.
 
That was the easy part. It gets worse. After our camp was set up, I was preparing to grill burgers and hot dogs for dinner. Well, I grabbed a hot grill and instantly received second degree burns on my left hand. (by the way I am left handed)  After eating dinner with my hand in a bowl of cold water, we got into the truck and Traci drove us to the nearest emergency room where we hung out for a couple of hours or so. Well I have to say it hurt like you would not believe all that night and into the next day. I did not sleep much that night even after the hospital gave me some pain killers. Well, the hand is now healing nicely.
 
The rest of the weekend was great. We had perfect weather and a great time. We enjoyed great walks together, Anthony met Smoky the Bear, and he received a sticker badge from a local Michigan State Trooper.   He really enjoyed the fire engine that was involved with the "Christmas in July" parade held up at the campground that weekend.
 
Here are some photos from when we went camping up at Tawas Pointe State Campground:



Family with AuSable River Behind Us



Family On Over Look

 
It is getting late so I must end this posting here. I will try to post again real soon.
 



 



No comments: